Don't they look good enough to
eat wash your hands with?? They were so easy to make.
Here is a picture of what you will need:
Clear glycerin soap from Hobby Lobby, scent oil, coloring, a cookie pan and lollipop sticks. You will also want a spritzer bottle with rubbing alcohol in it.
Start out by putting the soap into a microwave safe container, I microwaved it for 1 minute the first time at half power, then 30 seconds at half power until melted. You do not want it to boil.
This is what it looks like all melted. If you see little bubbles, spritz in some rubbing alcohol and the bubbles magically disappear!
Add in your coloring. A little goes a long way and you can always add more. Stir it up really good and spritz more alcohol if you see bubbles.
Then add your scent. As much or as little as you want. Stir it up good and spritz more alcohol if you see bubbles. Slowly pour into your mold. If bubbles appear, what do you do? Spritz alcohol!
Let them cool and then pull them away from the mold. They weren't hard to remove, but if the stick wiggles too much, they aren't cool enough, give 'em more time.
Like I said, I used these as party favors, but they would make excellent house-warming gifts, holiday gifts, Mother's Day gifts, etc. Don't forgot to include a little note with them that reminds people not to eat the soap. Mine said something like, "Please enjoy, but do not lick- For eating soap can make you sick!"
I will be posting to these parties this week.