Home  |  As Featured On  |  Advertising  |  Parties I Like!  |  Contact Me  |  About  |  Shop


Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Ode to Annie Sloan

Once upon a time, (when I was like 15), I read a greeting card that said, "You have my heart. It is for you to hold. Forever." Or something like that. Anyway, I dreamed of the day I could give that card to someone. (Romantic, I know.) Today is that day. And I give that card to... Annie Sloan. (Just so you know, it was a toss up between Annie Sloan and the color Turquoise.)

Yes, Annie Sloan. Since the day I met you a few months ago, all I can do is think about what I should paint with you. I use you until you are all used up, and then I use you some more. I can't walk into a room without picking out every. single. piece. of. furniture. that I would paint with you and I am guilty of doing this, not only in my own house, but also in the dwellings of my friends and family. Obsessed much?

You were top priority on my Christmas list. I drive 45 minutes just to look at you (that's the closest store that stocks AS paint). I turn to you multiple times a weekend just for the fun of it. And it doesn't stop here.


My husband wants you to take out a restraining order against me. He said he would file the papers... he might even chip in.

It's a sickness and the cure for the Annie Sloan obsession is... MORE Annie Sloan!

(I have some fun projects (using Annie Sloan paint) on the way to show you.)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Courtney ~ I think I may soon have your affliction...just got wind of Annie Sloan through Pinterest, and I think I soon will be under her spell, too. :) I LOVE painted furniture ~ with a distressed painted finish, you never have to worry about imperfections, right? Because it's already perfectly imperfect! About a year ago we moved to a new house with DARK custom cabinets...you already know what I want to do, don't you? (My husband considers even thinking about painting them sacrilege! (Did I spell that right?)) ~ Anyway, after all this rambling, it's nice to meet you! I'm a new follower!
    Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, definitely putting you on my sidebar, so I can visit easily! I can tell I'm going to need lots of Annie Sloan pics "fixes"! (I bet I'll have to order it...don't think anyone around here carries it...:(...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails