Home  |  As Featured On  |  Advertising  |  Parties I Like!  |  Contact Me  |  About  |  Shop


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Skeleton Jar (Day of the Dead Part 2)

You may remember this creepy couple that I know? Well, I was finally able to put my finishing touches on their residence and best friend.

That's right, children avert your eyes! I took the hacksaw to Fluffy... Fluffy started out as a key chain that looked like this.

Next comes the hard part... chop off his adorable head. (Why is he still smiling??)

Grab another skeleton head.

Hot glue the skeleton head onto the dog's body.

I took a picture of the molding paste I used to put all over the dog.

Let the molding paste dry completely. This can take the whole day depending on how much you put on.


Paint 'er up with browns, blacks and grays.

Detail with the white.

Now the bride and groom have man's best friend to keep them eternal company. But they still need a place to live... Find a jar and line it with some greenery.

I also added a tree that I glittered and a fence. (Both were cut out with a Cricut machine.)

Plop your bride and groom in there along with Fluffy and they will all live happily ever after!


Here is a picture of the back, so you can see the glittered tree.

And one more spooktacular look from the front.

I will be linking up to these parties.

24 comments:

  1. OMGosh!! That is just toooo stinkin' cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I made my girls some fairies in a jar a while back. Never thought of doing something like this for Halloween-simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and so creative!!! I LOVE it! Visiting from It's So Very Cheri. :)

    Jessica
    http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so amazing. I absolutely love love love it. It is so quirky. I think you have to stop over to my place to see my skull collection. I think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your link from Its So Very Cheri and think it's brilliant! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally gross and totally cool! My 10-year-old would LOVE this!

    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it wrong to feel bad for the doggy who lost it's head?


    Thank you for joining me for Upcycled Awesome #17 over at www.thetshirtdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I made some Halloween "pantry jars" today, and now I really want to make one of yours to go along with them!! : ) I'm your newest follower from Fun Follow Friday ~ would love for you to follow me back! Have a great weekend!

    Aimee @ Justkiddingaroundatlanta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to make some now. Those are CUTE! I hope you'll come by and follow me back too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT! You had me cracking up when you cut the head off the toy dog.. My daughter was sitting next to me.. She said "WHAT on earth?" Very creative idea. Love it, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very cute! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very talented! New follower from FFF hop. Would love a follow back.

    Have a great weekend!
    Ruthie J.
    www.mysocalledhomeschoollife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome! I thought just the couple were cute -your display has left me speechless...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job with this! Thanks for joining our party this week!
    {*Rebekah*}

    ReplyDelete
  15. At least you used "Golden" molding paste on that Golden Retriever. What a fun and creative decoration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the dead couple & the puppy! What a great idea. When I make one it will be displayed year round in my office. (yup, my office is full of creepy, witchy type stuff) Thanks so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog is awesome. Thank you so much for giving plenty of useful content. I will bookmark your blog site and will be without doubt coming back. Once again, I appreciate all your work and also providing a lot vital tips for your readers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails