Home  |  As Featured On  |  Advertising  |  Parties I Like!  |  Contact Me  |  About  |  Shop


Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cute as a Button Ornament

Need another ornament on the tree? Don't we all! Here is one that is cute as a button:

To start, I bought an unfinished ornament half price at Hobby Lobby. You will also need some buttons!



I then ripped up some tissue paper and used Modge Podge to glue it onto the ornament.



You might need to use a couple layers of tissue so that the brown from the ornament doesn't show through. Then choose some buttons.



Begin to glue buttons on the ornament after the tissue is dry. I also switched out the string hanger from gold to jute.









Made it Mondays


DIY Day @ ASPTL

Get Your Craft On
giveaways

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Will have to try...thanks for sharing! I just discovered your blog, looking forward to looking through your archives when I have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I just Tweeted this. I love buttons so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I have lots of old buttons.....Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore your Christmas inspired metamorphosis.

    Be merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is very creative.
    Thanks for posting
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Now I know what to do with my extra buttons. Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very CUTE! I like this even more than the other polka dot ornaments I've seen recently - and it's more fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cute. I could see them done in white and silver or gold, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails