1. I am a high school Spanish teacher. I love my job, I love my co-workers, and ask me on the right day, and I will tell you that I
really like love my students. I do!
2. I am learning how to sew. My Aunt is letting me use her old Kenmore machine (thanks, Sue Sue!). The first time we set it up, I thought I was being all suave because of the internet research I had done on sewing machines, I asked her how it "automatically threads the needles," imagine the hearty chuckle she gave me when she said it's old school, and doesn't do it automatically. I am still having fun learning and sometimes the older machines just do it better!
Here is a picture of Tulah helping me sew:
3. I am a dancer at heart. I danced ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical and modern since the age of 4, up through college. I also taught dance for quite a few years throughout high school, college and even after. I spent so much time with my dance teacher, she was like a third grandmother to me. I don't take dance lessons anymore, but I still love to bust a move whenever I get the chance and for no reason at all! PS: Zumba is a fun way to
4. I cannot explain things in a concise way. Point made: I could have simply wrote that I am "long-winded," but I decided to phrase things differently. This is something I am aware of, and working on. I am sure it drives my students and husband crazy, but oh well! :o)
5. I want to learn how to work power tools. Then I want to own a set of power tools, my OWN set of power tools, preferably in the color purple, because that would be cool. I am woman, hear me (circular) saw!
6. I had seven, yes SEVEN friends stand up for me in my wedding. Some people think it's ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. In fact, there is a group of 6 of us who email each other on an almost daily basis. It is easier and cheaper than talking on the phone and we all span the U.S. continent from California (hi Jamie!) to Nashville (hi Liz, Carmen and Sara!) to New York City (hi Anne!). We have been emailing like this for almost 10 years!
7. My favorite people to craft with are my Mom, my Aunt, my cousin (best friend/matron of honor) Andi, my grandma Toto, and my little doggie Tulah. We have a blast no matter what we do.
Hopefully you learned a little something about me, and now I think I am supposed to tag someone else next. Since I can't
stalk tag Karin back, I would really like to get to know Kim at NewlyWoodwards! I like her blog.